These balls were originally used in the 1960s by Swiss
physiotherapists(hence the name "Swiss ball") to help
children with cerebral palsy improve their physical skills,
including balance. Since then, physical therapists have
discovered many healthful uses for the balls. In Europe and
United States, Doctors have been using and developing ball
exercises for therapeutic fitness since as early as 1973. A few
exercise performed by these balls include:
- Static & dynamic strengthening of joint and
- Cardiovascular fitness through low impact aerobics.
- Facilitating postural correction at an unconscious
level increasing proprioception and kenesthesia.
- Mildline orientation and dynamic trunk control .
- Neuro-motor learning and coordination.
- To develop anti gravity posture.(Tonic tone).
These balls in neurological
conditions are very useful
To improve balance and equilibrium.
To control vestibular system and arousal.
For proper weight shifts.
It improves dissociation and relaxes the muscles.
It is very useful for proprioceptive input.
A must for every parent with small babies and doctors for their
Available in the following sizes: 45cms, 55cms, 65cms, 75cms,